These are our ministries that extend beyond our own walls to those in the larger world who are in need. There are many ways to participate, whether through hands-on activities, the donation of food and goods, or through your pledge to the Church.
Each month St. Luke’s hosts a dinner free to anyone who would enjoy a homemade meal and good company. We’ve provided thousands of meals and provided warm hospitality to members of our community in the years since the Dinner was initiated.
St. Luke’s proudly supports this wonderful global organization. We believe firmly in the adage it is better to teach a soul to fish.
Appalachian Service Project
Each year, St. Luke’s sponsors a dedicated group of teens and their adult volunteer team to visit and work in some of the poorest areas in the southern region of the United States. Our children have helped to repair housing, schools, and churches.
St. Paul’s Kitchen
In addition to our commitment to local shelters and food pantries, we serve lunch at this soup kitchen in Brockton, Massachusetts. Our children are joined by members of the parish to prepare and serve lunch one Saturday per month.
Scituate Animal Shelter
The youngest children of St. Luke’s participate in several fund raisers – including bake sales and raffles – to help support our furry and fluffy friends in need.
We support our troops with letters of thanks and encouragement, care packages, and direct supplies. Each year we visit many veteran’s groups and support a local Veteran’s Day celebration, offering small gifts and a salute to their service. We have collected shoes, soccer balls, and new school supplies for soldiers to distribute in Iraq, to help win hearts with peace.
Additional programs we have sponsored:
- Boston’s B-Safe Summer Program: A summer program serving more than 430 inner-city children.
- Habitat for Humanity: A nonprofit, Christian housing organization building affordable housing in partnership with people in need.
- Carolina Hill: Located in Marshfield, this transitional shelter serves homeless women and their children. St. Luke’s also provides donations of food and volunteer hours to other shelters.
- Rehoboth Shelter
- Community Food Pantries: Scituate, Norwell, Marshfield, Cohasset
- Arts: St. Luke’s has hosted musical performances, story-telling events, and lectures throughout the year.
- World Vision Sponsorship: St. Luke’s sponsors and communicates with a child from an economically oppressed nation.
Historically, St. Luke’s has supported recovery efforts from Hurricane Katrina, the Gulf Coast recovery effort, and earthquake devastation in China.